The City of John’s Creek is located and centered around many of Atlanta’s higher-profiled places, offering plenty for you to do in order to cure any episodes of ‘Summer boredom’. From sports venues in Atlanta to spending time on the river, the options are limitless. Listed below are five places that can be easily accessed by anyone living in the John’s Creek area:
1. Turner Field: You don’t have to be a big fan of baseball to attend an Atlanta Braves game at Turner Field. This stadium is always action-packed with many things to do while you’re inside. Some places include the Chop House, merchandise stores, events for children, and many more restaurants and bars. On top of all that, it also helps that the Braves, this season, are ranked second in the National League East division (5th overall)!
2. Atlanta Athletic Club: Located within the city of John’s Creek itself, the Atlanta Athletic Club is home to the legendary golfer Bobby Jones, Jr. This year boasts great promise for the golf course as well, as it is host to the 93rd Annual PGA Championship. Many of golf’s big names will be there competing from August 11-14.
3. If you’re looking for something very fun to do within the city of Atlanta, either by yourself, with friends, or with family, the Georgia Aquarium is perfect. Housed here are some of the most beautiful, jaw-dropping collections of fish obtained throughout the oceans throughout the globe. Species like the gigantic whale shark, huge Japanese spider crabs, beluga whales, and penguins are just a taste of what you’ll be able to see throughout the aquarium. The size of the place alone is what in most of the visitors, as the Georgia Aquarium is the largest in the world.
4. Another popular place to visit near John’s Creek is the Philips Arena. Located right next to the CNN Center, the Philips Arena is home to the Atlanta Hawks basketball team. This past season, the Hawks made it to the quarter finals in the NBA Playoffs. Along with basketball, the Philips Arena hosts many other events, from concerts, exhibits, to circuses.
5. The Chattahoochee River is also a popular place for people living in John’s Creek to spend their leisure time, especially on Summer weekends. The river provides good fishing, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and a great place to cool off on a hot Georgia day. Many different services can be found within the park for you to take advantage of.
For more information on events and places to go in and around John’s Creek, make sure to bookmark and follow the Gebhardt Group blog!